5 Bullet Friday 31 March 2023
Tuesday, April 4th, 2023 in: Advice
Hope you’ve all had an amazing week.
Here are my weekly insights/musings. Hopefully, something resonates 🙂
- this, but. If you are looking to scale a business or want to give yourself some accountability this offers a great structure to do so. There are some key components to this but the biggest impact for us at CTA has been the quarterly ‘ROCKS’ and also the weekly scorecard. Traction is a book that uses a fable to explain how the EOS system works.
- Rocks are the big things on your list, the ones that are the most important to you and your business. Most of us tend to allow the weeks to fill up with pebbles or grains of sand. The rocks should be what we base our time and energy on. Stephen Covey explains this visually in front of an audience.
- ChatGPT – If you don’t know what this is and you run a business, STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING and look into it now. I mean this is HUGE. Probably the biggest thing since the internet. Make it your business to learn about this. A tsunami is coming, you can ride it or drown. ChatGPT and AI can now write books for you, blogs, do your kids’ essays, create code and reply to emails. It’s here now.
- Principles by Ray Dalio – If it’s good enough for P Diddy, then it’s good enough for me! Seriously this guy is a living genius. The book is big, it’s deep and it’s amazing. I recommend just listening to Ray Dalio on youtube to see how you relate to him. Be prepared to be challenged…
- Thinking about your thinking – You may think this makes no sense. If, however, we think of our brains like a computer, we can ask it to run a program or some software. It will then perform this task without questioning it. Thinking about your thinking is about taking a step back at a higher level so that you can see the wood from the trees. It’s about re-calibrating, strategising and being intentional. Sometimes we are moving up the ladder in our business, however, the ladder could be set against the wrong wall… Credit to Dan Suillivan for this concept.
If you want my opinion or thoughts on a given topic, feel free to fire me an email. As long as it’s not political or contentious and is based on self-development, running a business or even profit first.