What is a Tax Accountant?
Tax accountant or just an accountant? There can be some confusion when it comes to what ac accountant does and also what type of accountant you need to offer advice.
What does a tax accountant do?
This is simply an accounting professional that has a vast amount of experience with taxes. The typical taxes that we deal with are;
- Income tax – Paid typically on employment, pension, rental and self-employed income
- PAYE / pay as you earn – Specifically for employees and pensioners
- Corporation / business tax – This is tax paid on profits made from a limited company
- VAT / Value Added Tax – Payable by vat registered business.
- CIS / Construction industry tax – A tax specific for tradesmen and construction workers.
- CGT / Capital gains tax – An unpopular tax payable on the sale of assets such as a second property other than your house
- National insurance – This contributes towards state investment and funding.
- Inheritance tax – Payable on an estate above a certain threshold upon death.
To discuss any of these taxes feel free to contact us on 01242 528412 or book a free meeting. Cheltenham Tax Accountants offer fixed fees and a clear pricing policy.