Compare accountants – Hazlewoods Cheltenham
Sunday, September 8th, 2019 in: Advice
Hazlewoods Cheltenham / Accountants Gloucestershire – How to compare?
Looking for Hazlewoods Cheltenham or accountants in Gloucestershire? To give you an easy way to compare accountants we will cover 5 questions for each accounting practice.
- How large is the business?
- What qualification level the firm has?
- An estimate of their fee level from low, average to high
- Do they offer fixed fees?
- Location, where are they based?
Accountancy firms in Gloucestershire? Hazlewoods Cheltenham, Randall & Payne, Taxssist and more
We will compare some of the most established accounting firms in Gloucestershire such as Cheltenham Tax Accountants, Randall & Payne, Hazlewoods Accountants, Taxassist Cheltenham and Gloucester and also MBS Accountants.
Cheltenham Tax Accountants
- Is a small firm with 7 members of staff.
- Are a Chartered Certified Firm of Accountants.
- Offer AVERAGE FEES compared to accountants in Gloucestershire.
- OFFER FIXED FEE PACKAGES.
- Are based just off the London Road in Charlton Kings, Cheltenham.
We do not need to talk about ourselves as you are on our website. Feel free to have a look around to get a better idea about our business. However, to save you some browsing time, if you are a small business that wants to pay a reasonable fee with the support of an established team and client manager, we could be the right fit for you. We have a popular following for being an approachable firm of accountants in Gloucestershire with clear, transparent pricing.
Taxassist Accountants in Cheltenham / Gloucester
- Taxassist is a franchise. Although Cheltenham and Gloucester will be run by an independent business owner, Taxassist is the biggest accounting franchise in the country. They have a national website that distributes the leads/inquiries to the local franchise owner. Locally Taxassist has two premises in Cheltenham and Gloucester.
- The franchise does not always insist on the franchise owner being a qualified accountant. However most of the time they will be qualified. Taxassist in Cheltenham and Gloucester are a qualified Chartered firm.
- Taxassist traditionally offer AVERAGE FEES. Fees vary from location to location and they do not publish anything about pricing or fees on their website.
- As a franchise, it can offer fixed fees and we believe that the local locations also offer this although without pricing on the website again cannot confirm this.
- They are based in Cheltenham and Gloucester.
Taxassist is a well known established national accounting franchise. You could say it’s the McDonalds of accounting! They service all different types of clients and have a High Street presence in most towns. If you like that structure and peace of mind dealing with a well-know large franchise then they are a good choice.
Randall & Payne Accountants Cheltenham
- Randall & Payne is one of the biggest accounting firms in Gloucestershire with a team of over 50 staff.
- Are a Chartered firm of accountants.
- As a large firm, it will be at the HIGH END OF FEES with many staff and overheads. They will have more expert level staff for specialist advice suitable for larger businesses. Again we can’t say for certain as they do not appear to reveal any pricing information on their website.
- As Randall & Payne do not reveal any pricing information we cannot state that they do or do not offer fixed fees. It is common however for large accounting practices such as R & P and Hazlewoods Accountants to charge by AN hourly rate. You would typically expect a partner’s time to be in excess of £250+vat per hour.
- They are based on the Shurdington Road, Cheltenham in a substantial brand new purpose-built premises. Business is clearly booming!
Randall & Payne is one of Gloucestershire’s largest accountancy firms. They have been going for 140 years and have made a huge impact on businesses in Gloucestershire and beyond. If you like the idea of having a more premium and large firm dealing with you, yet still a ‘local’ business they can cater to your needs.
Hazlewoods Accountants Cheltenham
- Hazelwoods are the biggest local accounting firm in Gloucestershire with a team likely to be in excess of 150 staff across Gloucestershire.
- They are a Chartered firm of accountants.
- As a very large firm, they will be at the HIGH END OF FEES. As with R & P they will have more expert level staff for specialist advice suitable for larger and corporate businesses. Again we can’t say for certain as they do not appear to reveal any pricing information on their website.
- Hazlewoods do not disclose anything about fees on their website so they cannot state whether they offer fixed fees. It is generally standard for traditional large accounting firms to charge by the hour as previously stated with fees in excess of £250+vat for a partner’s time.
- Having locations in Cheltenham, Staverton, Bristol, and Barnstaple.
Generally, we would recommend our clients go to Hazlewoods when they are in need of specialist advice around inheritance tax, trusts, R & D claims etc. You will pay a pretty penny for it but if you are a larger business yourself (with millions of pounds of turnover) then they could be a good fit.
MBS Accountants Gloucester
- MBS Accountants are a small established independent firm of accountants based in Gloucester. They have a small team at this location.
- They are an AAT firm of accountants.
- As MBS are smaller than some of the other firms on this list their fees will be lower but they are not perceived to be cheap so will be in the AVERAGE FEES bracket.
- It is our understanding that MBS does offer FIXED FEES.
- They are based in Tuffley in Gloucester.
We have a good relationship with MBS Accountants in Gloucester and in many ways have a similar way of thinking and similar sized teams. If you have regular small business needs and are happy to have a small team look after your affairs with a Gloucester based accountant then MBS tick the relevant boxes.